Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Announcing our new Odd Girls!

First I want to thank everyone who applied!!! I had so many great entries that I was super humbled. I wanted to reply to every email but with so many it was impossible.

Without further ado, I have some new and familiar faces to introduce you to... first I want to welcome back
Leah
my fabulous DT Coordinator. She is my partner in crime and I couldn't dream of having a different person in her role.
HI! i'm Leah the Orange, and i am SO excited and honoured to be doing this whole Some Odd Girl thing with my "Holmes"-slice, Kristy! our Odd Girls are amazing, and we hope you'll have lots of fun with the images and the challenges. i'm a Canadian import, living in South Jersey (no, they don't say "JOY-ZEE" here, but they do say "WOOD-ER" for water!), because i married a crazy yank. i don't miss the Canadian winters, but the SOUP here in the summertime is a little tough to bear.i'm not an artist, but i'm artsy. i'm not a musician, but i perform music. i'm not 36-ish, but i am. i'd prefer to get CRAFTY over just about everything else! i only know one language fluently, but i speak my own language. i am a foodie, an indie film snob, a cruise director, and a little random at times. Only fitting that i'm an Odd Girl, right?


Now, I want to introduce you to our brand new Some Odd Word Girl. She has been with us since the beginning and was on the ScrapMuse DT with me where I got to know what a wonderful person she is. Welcome
KIMMY

Kimmy will be in charge of all of our Blog Hops, our SNR and PCP Groups, and helping spread the Odd word.
My name is Kim and having been born and bred in Hamburg/Germany, I moved to the United Kingdom in 1999 to live with my boyfriend of 11 years. Having always been a creative,crafty person I seriously started to scrap in December 2004 and my new obsession was born. Not one day goes by when I can not be found in my craft room - I draw inspiration just by keeping my eyes open. It can a be a skirt I see in a shop window, a broken bench,a photo, something funny someone said in the office…as long as I have my notepad with me and jot down ideas that come to my head, I am sure I will never run out of inspiration.


Next let me introduce you to our Odd Girls! The first two are near and dear and are making a big comeback for their second term and we are thrilled to have them! So let's get to know a lil about each of our Odd Girls and see their fabby projects!

Robin Mc
My name is Robin McKinley, and I live in Brampton, Ontario, Canada, and work downtown Toronto. A little bit about me: well, I am obsessed with paper crafting - especially stamping! I love all things ink and paper, and I especially love colouring! I also really enjoy participating in online challenges! By day, I am a Reservations Supervisor at a prestigious Toronto hotel, and by night, I am a stamping machine. I also LOVE to read, and I love animals too. I routinely go to the gym to keep active, and I try to travel as much as possible.


Marcie
I have been papercrafting for about 3 years now, which started out as scrapbooking and now am mostly concentrated in stamping/cardmaking. I love to try new techniques and participate in challenges, and a good sketch is always my starting point for inspiration. Colouring with Copic markers is an area I am h aving fun exploring currently, and am hoping to become more proficient at. I'm a 'mostly' stay at home mom, working part time as a librarian, and keep very busy with my 2 children; 3 year old Jake and 1 year old Robin.


Cassandra
I have been paper crafting for 6 years and have loved every minute of it! Its an expression of who I am. I am a wife of a hard working husband, and mother to a very smart, very busy 3.5 year old who is going into preschool this year! So glad to be along as part of the team and am excited to see what's next!


Hi Robin F. here, I was born and raised in Ontario, Canada and now I find myself married to an Irish man and living in green, rainy Ireland! I worked as a Registered Nurse until my brood arrived- I am now at stay at home Mom to my daughters Clodagh 5, Ali 3, and son Caelan 1. I started scrap-booking and card-making after my Mom made me a scrapbook as a gift for my wedding and I fell in love with it. More recently I find myself in love with colouring in digital images and racking my brain for a clever sentiment to go along with them. I started colouring with chalks, then ProMarkers and I am now entering the world of copics!
Greetings from the tiny island of Singapore! My name is Yvonne and I love to make stuff! My projects are a mix of everything...scrapbook layouts, cards, mini albums and altered items. My style is eclectic, quirky, whimsical and fun and always involves some upcycling and colour! I'm a challenge blog junkie and try to play along whenever possible. My cardmaking journey started in March 2009 in a bid to use up my scraps but has turned to a weekly love affair.
Hello! My name is Melissa. I live in Lebanon, Tennessee. I am a stay at home mom to a beautiful 19 month old little girl. When she doesn't keep me busy, I get away and enter the world of art. I love being creative in every way possible. I have been scrapbooking and paper crafting off and on for the past 6 years. Here within the past few months I have discovered digi stamps and copic markers. I would have to say I found a new hobby to love!
Hello!!! I am Piali . I live in New Jersey with my wonderful husband , two adorable daughters and a little furry one. They keep my life busy. I've been paper crafting for just more than a year . I'm addicted to stamping and card making... I also love crocheting, beading and quilting. If possible I would love to spend my whole day stamping in my craft room. I like to try new techniques for paper crafting and take new challenges everyday. I'm currently on few design teams...and have the wonderful opportunity to BE inspired by all the talented crafters around me. I am super excited to be a part of Some Odd Girl DT. I love the gorgeous SOG images.Thank you Kristy for the wonderful opportunity.

Angie
Hi everyone, my name is Angie Cortes. I live in northeast Ohio with my amazing husband of 13 years, who I met and married in Korea while we were both serving in the United States Army. We have two wonderful children Devin (12) and Alexis (10). I started scrapbooking soon after my son was born and loved it. About two years ago, a good friend took me to a Stampin’ Up! Workshop and I was instantly hooked on cardmaking. I really love clean and simple cards and all things digital! When I am not running my kids around to soccer, cheerleading and dance class, I like to relax with a good book. I am thrilled to be a member of the Some Odd Girl Design Team and I cannot wait to get to know my fellow Odd Girls!!
Hi, my name is Andrea. I live in Florida with my husband of ten years and my two little men. My days are filled with taking care of my family and home…but at night you will find me tucked away in my craft room. (The only room in our house that is for girls only.) I have been in love with paper crafting for ten years, but really only started about six years ago after welcoming our first son home. There are two things that define me as a crafter. First, I keep every piece of scrap paper, felt, ribbon, fabric, and much more (you can always find a use for it). Second, I love trying new techniques and color combinations. I have fallen head over heals for digital images recently and am excited to be a part of this team!

Sara Henton is a Marketing Coordinator in Macon Georgia so to unwind and relax she likes to get her hands dirty and inky by working in her craft room. Her love for all things craft started when she was in the 3rd grade and discovered a bead store not far from her house. It wasn't until 2003 when her nephew was about to be born that the love for papercrafting was born. This grew into so much more when she was introduced to stamping through a party for a little company called Stampin' Up. From there it has blossomed into mixing all her loves together to create unique crafts using mixed media
.


Welcome to our new Odd Girls!!! I am super thrilled with the team that has come together! This is going to be a fabby term! If you'd like to check out each of our new Odd Girls' blogs (and I totally suggest that you do so b/c WOWZERS!) click on their gorgeous faces on the sidebar to take you there. They are so full of inspiration that you will simply HAVE TO craft afterwards!

Once again thank you so much to everyone who applied!

BTW, if you are looking for our newsletter, it will be out in the next couple days. Vacation puts ya behind :) If you are asking "what newsletter???" then you are missin out! Jump over to the Some Odd Girl homepage and sign up! And don't forget, there's a brand new FREEBIE up for grabs for the month of August! Hope you likey!

10 comments:

  1. What an awesome team!!!!! Can't wait to see what everyone has for inspiration! Cuteness already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the new team. It's so good to read all about you :) Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super awesome team! Can't wait to see more creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to all you ladies. Can't wait to see what you cook up! WOOHOO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to the new team! Looks like some amazing things are in store for SOG!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The new team looks totally ready to rock!! Congrats ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i LURRRRRVE our new Odd Girls (and the "seasoned" ones, too!)... so excited to be playing with you all for the next 6 months! and absolutely THRILLED that Kristy deems me worthy of being her "right-hand man"... LUFF EWE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an exciting team!!!! And I am so thrilled to have been entrusted with the Word Girl position - it's going to be so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woo hoo Yvonne!!!!! Looks like an awesome team! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats ladies! You all will love working for Kristy, she's on fab owner and designer. You all have have lots and lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete