Thursday, May 20, 2010

'80s challenge winner, and 3 PATTERNED PAPERS please!

Welcome to another Stash Challenge (#3 already - WOOT!) at Some Odd Girl! Glad you're back to visit, and WOO HOO, we have a great lineup today! First of all, we'd like to thank the FOUR people who played along with our '80s challenge (hee hee) - your projects were WICKEDLY RAD! Of the four, our randomizing friend gave us lucky number 2 as our winner!

Congrats, KarenB!
Your funky "Call Me" card was a fabby
'80s-inspired creation! Check it out, folks:

Love the vintage phone (I certainly had one of those babies, and I STILL think they're better than the junk that's out today!), and the Blondie quote! Karen, please email Kristy at Kristy@SomeOddGirl.com and let her know which two digis you'd like from the shop!

And of course, we have to give shout-outs to our faves from the '80s challenge... quite honestly, EACH of the cards submitted held great appeal - from the Cyndi Lauper reference to Punky Brewster to the Rubik's Cube! Robin, Dora and Amy, please email Kristy at Kristy@SomeOddGirl.com to get our blinkie and wear it proudly on your blogs because YOU are our favorite Oddities! Here are the cards these lovely ladies submitted:


Robin:

This is the blinkie we hope these crafty gals will soon have blinking away merrily on their blogs:
Photobucket

You could be wearing this happy little badge, too, if you're one of the next Odd Faves!

NOW THEN! (an oxymoron, if I do say so myself!) On to our next Stash Challenge! For the last time, I wanted to see what you could do without any patterned papers...

This time, I'm going to the other extreme, and asking you to combine AT LEAST three different patterned papers, all from DIFFERENT manufacturers!

Our Odd Girls made it look so EASY! Have a gander...

Kimmy used "Rocket", and ROCKED IT!
Check out the awesome "smoke" she created!

Ann made this sweet card, and don't you just love the paper
combo and her coloring?"Mae Posies" looks fabby!

Marcie's got the adorable BG Wags goin' on, and she used the sweet little
"Kitten About" (doesn't he look like he's ready to go outside to play?):

Robin went monochromatic (and NAILED it!), using "Heart Kaylee",
who is no longer available as she was our February freebie!


Jennifer's papers just seem to BEG to be put together - fabby! She used "Sunny Rays" and "FLOATIE MAE" (who will be available at SomeOddGirl.com soon!):


Shelly brought the funky with this sweet mix 'n match of bright, bold colors
and the black to make it pop! She used "Mae as Cute Alice":


Leah (me), triggering your sweet tooth, using this month's FREEBIE,
"Cherry Sprinkles" (grab him now, before he's gone!):



And our fabulous artist and head hancho, Kristy, claims she just threw some papers together, but WOO HOO - this card is a masterpiece! "Mae Posies" makes another appearance!


So will we see more than four players for this challenge? Are you diggin' the little sneak peek of the new Mae? Just wait until you see what's in store for June!

Let's see what you can do to create a brand new project using at least THREE different patterned papers, all from different manufacturers. Link up below, post a link back to us on your blog, and you could win two digi stamps of your choice from SomeOddGirl.com! You have until Wednesday, June 2nd at midnight EST to enter! Good luck, happy crafting, and most importantly, STAY ODD, friends!

9 comments:

  1. Yay! Totally excited... can't wait to put up my blinkie!!! Love the new creations girls...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww me too, thanks, I'd love a blinkie xxx
    Yes, fabby fabby cards, love them xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, yay! Everyone made such fabby cards...Congrats Karen!! I loved your phone image!!

    And you DT ROCKED this next challenge! I am all over it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really???? Thanks so much! I know which images I want already, I've been eyeballing them for a while, LOL. Congrats to the other ladies, your cards were amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not seeing the spot to link the cards...am I missing something?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, you're missing it girlie! :) We are using InLinkz. The blue button saying Add Link is right there above the comments. Gotta love'em!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your challenge. My goal, since I retired, is to become part of a design team...so if you need any help please let me know. Hope you enjoy my post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, I have entered a few times. PP's are just my favourite thing, God knows I have plenty to use. thanks for such a great comp, so much fun entering

    ReplyDelete