Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Odd Girl Feature with Robin

Let's get to know another of our Odd Girls a bit better today, this post is all about Robin! Robin has been with Some Odd Girl since we gathered our first DT in February 2010 and I'm so glad she is still with us! We asked her the same questions as Kellie, let's see what she said...




We want to see your first PHOTOGRAPHED card! We've all got that first! Share!

what's changed the most since they began crafting?

My colouring skills have definitely improved by leaps and bounds.  And I also get more and more comfortable with putting cards together as I go along!
what drew you to Some Odd Girl?
I love the whimsical images - it's great that they have large and exaggerated features - great for colouring!


Any cardmaking idols?

There are TONS.  But some that stick out are: Mercy Kerin, Beate Johns, Silke Ledlow, and Betty Wright.
crafty goals for 2011?

I want to have a stress-free year, and just craft for the love of it! I would love to continue taking colouring classes and learning new things as well!

Personal craft do's and don'ts? what can you rawk and what is not so hawt for you?
I think I would recommend not trying to make things too complicated.  I think one of the hardest things is to stop at the right place because I always want to add more. But, I am better to stay with simple.

I think I am pretty good at colouring, but I always need help with my layouts.  That's when I turn to the web for inspiration...one of the do's is definitely to surf the net, and you can find almost anything you need!

what current paper trends do you HATE/LOVE?
I actually don't follow trends much - I have so much paper from over the years, that I am trying to use it all up!  I think that the right image and layout can make any set of papers look good!

Thanks so much for sharing with us Robin! Robin has a flair for making simple designs look so dramatic and gorgeous AND she's a Copic Certified Designer since March 2009. This girl simply has mad skills! Jump on over to her blog and say hi! He blog has a lot of great info and you will definitely be inspired by her creations!

Join us back here tomorrow for the Handmade Elements winner, get your entries in thru TONIGHT! Thursday we will have a new challenge and Saturday is Digi Day in our SNR Group! So plan on having an Odd Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment